The Truth About Eyelash Extensions:

300x400-eyelash-extensions.jpg

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, eyelash extensions are some seriously swanky curtains: You kind of wake up feeling like Beyoncé, without doing anything at all. But it’s not all unicorns and rainbows with these babies.

Here are some eyelash-extension truths: It’s really hard to wash your face. You have to kind of rub around your eyeball-adjacent area, so if you’re fond of removing all traces of your eyeliner after sundown, you can forget that pipe dream.
Eyelash extensions also tend to get wonky and tangly at times, and carrying around a pocket-size mascara wand to do quick comb-throughs is a must. You’re basically wearing a tiny hair weave on your face. It’s not exactly a low-maintenance affair.
I ended up letting my lash extensions shed naturally over a few weeks, but that’s not to say that I don’t miss them. Applying a couple of coats of mascara has become the daily standard again, and I feel roughly 70 percent less glamorous. Suddenly, saying, “I woke up like this,” is a whole lot less impressive, but rubbing my eyes is just so, so gratifying.
To see me have a full set of eyelash extensions applied at Beautiful Skin and Nails in Phoenix, watch the video below!

Comments

Popular Posts