Make-up Artists Get Work:

  • Image result for makeup artist


Isn’t Instagram great?! I mean before you’ve even pulled your pants back up your post as travelled all around the world! And be shared and re-shared before you’ve even had time to wipe! Scary eh!
Firstly let me say that 99% of the people who read my post seem to get it. And for that i’m thankful. Secondly, that post wasn’t about the makeup artist, and never was. It didn’t even mention the makeup artist because it wasn’t about that. It was about the fact that a) it looked over sharpened and b) the amount of makeup used. NOT THE MAKEUP ARTIST. We live in a world where everything is retouched to such an extent that when “real” photos emerge (sharpened or not) it breaths hope to the masses that realise that not even celebrities look like that in real life.
I have no agenda on Instagram or youtube. And no axe to grind. I post things that i like. Sometimes i get them wrong, sometimes it hits a mark. But the goal is never to offend anyone. Some people take great delight in reading something and twisting it into something its not - which happened with my  recent post.
I would also like to point something out incase people were unaware. I am a "youtube makeup artist". And i am not ashamed of that. I am also a makeup artist that works daily. Just because i don’t work on celebrities does not make me any less valid. Does not make me less of a person. It doesn’t mean i don’t have the same training or qualifications. It doesn’t mean that i haven’t been given those opportunities. It means i choose a different path. My self-esteem is not generated by whom i’ve worked on, or the magazines i’ve been in. Or the amount of followers i have. Just because i don’t talk about Vogue, Elle, Red or any other magazines does not mean i’ve never been featured. It just means i don’t discuss it.
I’m proud to be a youtube makeup artist. I’m proud to be a working makeup artist and i’m proud that nearly everyone involved realised that the post wasn’t about disempowering anyone or poking fun at a celebrity or makeup artist. It was about a sigh of relief that finally, we see that these celebrities are human. With pores and wrinkles. And that maybe, just maybe … we might look at ourselves different.

  • Image result for makeup artist

Comments

Popular Posts